The college stands on the Eastern bank of the Kaldighi which is attributed to Kala Rani, the queen of Bana,a mythological king,referred to in the Mahabharata. It is about 2 kilometers off from Gangarampur Town under the Gangarampur Sub-Division in the district of Dakshin Dinajpur. The surroundings of the college are attractive for the tourists and congenial for imparting of training in a natural environment. Besides, there is a Children’s Park on the other bank of the waterbody. In winter, thousands of migratory birds visit the Kaldighi to add to the charm and attraction of the surrounding areas.
Affiliation and Recognition
Gangarampur B. Ed. College is approved by the National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE) and affiliated to the University of Gour Banga and possesses a no objection certificate from State Council of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal. The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has granted approval for running the B.Ed. Course with the Intake Capacity of Hundred (100) students vide letter No. ERC / 7-71.5.15/2006/4958 dated 15th December, 2006, Code No. APE00551. College is running D.El.Ed. (Addl.Course) since September 2013 which is approved by NCTE vide letter no.ERC/7-155.6.19/NCTE/D.El.Ed. Additional Course/2013/18491 dated 29.05.2013. Code No.ERCAPP907.
Important Links: http://www.ncte-india.org/ and http://www.ercncte.org/
Aims & Objectives
Aims & Objectives
- To provide knowledge, understanding and skills essential for quality teacher educators.
- To assist teachers in understanding theories, principles, techniques and process of teaching-learning.
- To help the trainees in understanding the child’s abilities, intelligence, aptitudes, emotion, instinct and interest.
- To help trainees in organizing, supervising and participating in co-curricular activities for the proper assessment of both scholastic and non-scholastic domain.
- Inculcating in them the constructive and naturalistic attitudes and encouraging them to cultivate some positive values.
- Equipping them with such humane qualities as honesty, sincerity, discipline, the sense of responsibility, the spirit of dedication, punctuality and the spirit of self-analysis which are required of a teacher entrusted with the responsibility of making worthy future citizens of the country.